The Forest Park School encourages members of our school community to be respectful to others every day and not only during "Respect For All Week". We will be participating in the designated week of February 14 -1 8, 2011.
- Our students will view the "Don't Laugh at Me" video and discuss ways to be kind to each other.
- Our Grade 5 students and their parents and guardians will participate in an evening workshop, Wednesday, February 16, 2011, from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., with Project Reach on diversity and anti-bullying.
- Acts of Kindness will be displayed in our cafeterias on our RESPECT WALL from all of our students.
- Kindergarten Class K-216 will read Rainbow Fish and share their responses as they display their acts of kindness on the wall.
- Parents/Guardians read "We are All Different" by Rebecca Rissman and received a FREE copy of the book to share with their children. They made tissue paper flags from their country which were used for decorations for our Family Multi-cultural Potluck Dinner which was held on Thursday, February 3, 2011.
- Parents/guardians will view the "Don't Make Me Laugh" video our Valentine Read -Aloud/Craft workshop on Monday, February 14, 2011.
- Parents/guardians will make a paper chain of 100 kind words showing their strong connection!
- Staff will use curriculum resources that promote respect for
diversity and address bullying and bias-based behavior.