- Students need to be at school no later than 8:10 am.
- Students are not to have electronic devices on AT ALL during school hours.
- Devices that are seen on and in use will be confiscated and will only be returned to parents.
- Video taping inappropriate activities during school, outside the school perimeter or representing MS 202 in any way may result in a level 4 offense which results in suspension. Authorities may also be summoned.
- School uniform is to be worn by ALL students.
- ARIS- A Parent link in ARIS is coming. ARIS is a portal that will provide you with specific information regarding your child and their progress. Please select the ARIS link below the top banner for more information.
!!!Attention Parents and Students!!!
THINK BEFORE YOU POST!
HOW DO YOU WANT TO BE GOOGLED!
21st century skills is a necessity. Monitor your child's Internet use and follow some guidelines below to keep your children safe and smart.
1- Monitor you child's Internet use daily. Your computer should be in a location that allows all family members access at any time. Computers should not be in locations that prevent you from seeing Internet activity.
2- Know your child's social networking habits. Know their screen names, emails and websites. Gender and age specific names should be avoided.
3- Talk to your children about their Internet activity. Monitor cell phone use just as diligently. Set up comfortable dialogue with your children.
4- Violation of the NYC DOE Internet Acceptable Usage Policy can lead to a level 4 offense and in some cases may lead to suspension.
5- Speak to your child about posting pics, text and videos. Know that once it has been posted it is public and permanent. Even if deleted all it takes is 1 person to share it.
6- Encourage your child to stand up for what is right. If they know that a friend is posting inappropriate material empower them to say NO!
7- Potential employers, and schools may use information from the Internet to screen applicants.
For more Cybersafety information go to http://wiredsafety.org
Contact MS 202 for more cybersafety tips and information regarding the DOE IAUP.