Russell Sage Junior High School strives to meet the challenge of improving outcomes for all segments of the school population, including gifted and first quartile reading and math students, English Language Learners (ELL).
This is accomplished through the efforts of a highly motivated, well-trained, creative, collaborative teaching staff, bolstered by ongoing staff development, partnerships with community-based organizations. In addition, students have access to state-of-the-art technology, as well as the infusion of the arts into all areas of instruction.
The following are a few of the special programs available at Russell Sage Junior High School:
- Instrumental Music and Vocal Training Program
- Project ARTS
- Foreign Language Proficiency Classes in French and Spanish
- Latin Elective
- National Junior Honor Society
- Annual Science Fair
- School Newspaper
- Queens College/Hofstra University – Future Teacher Programs
- School Play ("The Wizard of Oz")
- Russell Sage Senior Council
- Annual Russell Sage Art Exhibition