The Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (TRQ) regularly hosts online and campus-based informational events for prospective teachers. These sessions are a great way to learn more about teaching in New York City, as well as our Online Teacher Application and hiring process. Please check back frequently as we will continue to update our schedule in the coming months.
Online Information Sessions
We encourage you to join us for a live online information session. These sessions are a great way to learn more about teaching in New York City, as well as our Online Teacher Application and hiring process. These sessions are free, but registration is required to reserve a virtual seat. Each webcast lasts approximately one hour.
To register for any of the below sessions, please visit our LearnDOE portal:
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 (4:30-6:00 PM ET)
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 (2:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, May 28, 2015 (4:30-5:30 PM ET)
If you are unable to attend any of our live sessions, we've also recorded the presentation's three primary components for you to view at your convenience:
TRQ hosts Principal Panels with specific partner colleges in the New York metro area. At these Principal Panels, principal alumni of the colleges talk about what it’s like to work in our schools and offer advice to students who will soon be entering the job market. You may also have the opportunity to network and provide your resume to the principals on the panel.
Please contact your student teaching advisor or the career center at your university/college to get specific attendance information. Applicants cannot attend unless they are a student at that university/college and have been invited to the event.