1) An Introduction to the Danielson 2013 Framework for Teaching
- What will this training cover? This day-long session is designed to help you begin to use the Danielson 2013 Framework for Teaching as a common language to describe and discuss your practice with your colleagues and administrators.
- Who should attend? This training is open to all teachers and recommended for teachers who have not attended prior training with the Danielson Group on the Framework.
- When are the upcoming sessions? December 2 (Middle School) and December 3 (High School)
2) A Deeper Understanding of the Danielson 2013 Framework for Teaching
How to register:
- What will this training cover? In this session, you will explore how to use the Framework to support your development through reflection and conversations with your peers. You will prepare and share your reflections on an observed lesson (differentiated by grade band) in order to deepen your own knowledge of the Framework and to support your peers in engaging in professional conversations. You will also study authentic artifacts of teaching practice and consider ways to demonstrate your own practice in Domains 1 and 4. Schools are encouraged to send two colleagues as a team to promote professional dialogue and peer support.
- Who should attend? This day-long session is designed for teachers who have used the Framework as a reflection tool for more than a year, including those teachers involved in the teacher effectiveness pilots and those who have attended previous full day NYCDOE trainings led by the Danielson Group.
- When are the upcoming sessions? December 4 and 5 (Elementary School), December 7 (Middle School), January 11 (High School)
To register, please click here
or scroll down to "Professional Development Opportunities" on the Advance Measures of Teacher Practice intranet page
(DOE log-in required). We encourage you to contact TEPD@schools.nyc.gov
with any questions.
These trainings are available to regularly appointed teachers rated under Advance and their UFT Representatives. Please remember that your principal's approval is required to attend school-day sessions. Eligible staff who attend Saturday and winter break sessions will be eligible for per session.