- August 04, 2014 - August 05, 2014 : Portfolio Review Days (No students in attendance)
- August 12, 2014 : Summer School Ends for High Schools
Last day of classes for High School students
- August 13, 2014 - August 14, 2014 : Regents Exams
Regents exams for High School students
- August 25, 2014 : Staff Report
The following staff report: Assistant Principals and school-based intermediate supervisors not designated to work an increased work year.
- September 01, 2014 : Labor Day (Offices Closed)
All central headquarters offices of the Department of Education will be closed. Except for "prevailing wage rate employees" subject to Section 220 of the New York State Labor Law, absence of per annum, per diem, hourly non-competitive employees, and monthly salaried employees of the administrative staff and headquarters’ pedagogical personnel scheduled to work on this day shall be excused without loss of pay and without charge to annual leave.