UNIT 1: ANIMALS AND PLANTS IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT
- Describe the ways that humans:
- Depend on their natural and constructed environment.
- Have changed their environment over time. LE 7.1a,b
- Identify examples where human activity has had a beneficial or harmful effect on other organisms (e.g., deforestation).
- Additional/extension (A/E):
UNIT 2: ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM
- Describe how electricity can be helpful or harmful to people (safety).
- Investigate ways to save electricity
UNIT 3: PROPERTIES OF WATER
scribe, and explore the physical properties of water: PS 3.1a, b PS .1c,d,e
texture, odor, sound
anges in shape
- Changes in the amount of space occupied (compare using containers of different shapes and sizes).
- Volume, mass (weight)
- Describe the Water Cycle. PS 2.1c LE 6.2c
- Water is recycled by natural processes on Earth PS 3.2 a,b
UNIT 4: INTERACTIONS OF AIR, WATER, AND LAND
- Describe and illustrate the natural processes by which water is recycled on earth (e.g., ground water, runoff). PS 2.1c