About New District Schools
Types of New District Schools
- Early College
- Early college models accelerate students' learning by offering credit for college courses while in high school. Students typically participate in a six-year sequence and graduate from a CUNY school with an Associate's degree.
English Language Learners
- Innovative whole school and targeted models for meeting the needs of English language learners and students with disabilities.
- Transfer high schools prepare over-age, under-credited students for college and career readiness through differentiated and flexible pathways.
Online and Blended School Models
- reconfigure uses of time, staffing, and technology to personalize learning.
Career and Technical Education
- CTE schools offer opportunities for work-based learning and preparation for college and technical careers in the workforce.