School Art League Scholarships and Awards
Application Deadline: Monday, March 23, 2015
The Department of Education of the City of New York and the trustees of The School Art League have joined together to provide visual arts scholarships and financial awards for graduating seniors. The mission of The School Art League, since 1909, is to support art education and career development and to provide recognition and encouragement for our student artists.
School Art League Scholarships for Graduating Seniors
▪ School Art League/Pratt Institute/Marcia Friedmutter Scholarship, (min. $10,000)
▪ School Art League/School of Visual Arts/Henry Wolf Scholarship, (min. $10,000)
School Art League Awards for Graduating Seniors
▪ School Art League/Art Education/Renee Darvin Award ($1,000)
▪ Art Directors Club Award ($1,000)
▪ Jane Curliano Mazzella/Excellence in Visual Arts Award ($1,000)
▪ School Art League/Jane Clark Chermayeff/Design Award ($1,000)
Each candidate must:
▪ be a graduating senior
▪ have demonstrated high achievement in visual arts and academic studies
▪ intend to pursue the study of art at a professional art or liberal arts college
Scholarship and award winners will be honored at a ceremony to be held at:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, on Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 3:00 P.M.
Click here to download the School Art League Student Scholarships and Awards Memo.
School Art League Medals
Each High School Selects Students for The School Art League Medals
Deadline: Friday, May 2, 2014
High school principals, assistant principals, or art teachers (after consultation with administration) can select three exemplary art students (two seniors and one 9th or 10th grader) to receive School Art League medals to be presented during the School Art League Awards Ceremony at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 3:00 P.M.
Please click here for further information and the on-line application.
For any questions, contact Edward Morgano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Rothko and Dedalus Foundation Art Scholarships for Graduating High School Seniors
Awards from $500 to $2000
Submissions to be delivered to the Museum of Modern Art, Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Graduating high school seniors are invited to apply for the following three prestigious scholarships:
- The Mark Rothko Scholarship in Memory of Gustave Harrow for Excellence in Art
- The Dedalus Foundation Scholarships in Fine Arts
- The Dedalus Foundation Scholarships in Art History
Click here for a detailed memo with information, guidelines, and submission forms for the Mark Rothko Scholarship.
Click here for a detailed memo with information, guidelines, and submission forms for the Dedalus Foundation Art Scholarship.
The deadline for submissions to be delivered to MoMA is Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students may submit their portfolios for both the Dedalus and
the Rothko Awards but need to do separate paperwork for each competition.
If you have any questions e-mail Karen Rosner at email@example.com or call 212.356.8569.
back to top
Interested in posting on this page, click here for more information.