Citywide High School Fair
Saturday, September 20 & Sunday, September 21
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Brooklyn Technical High School
29 Fort Greene Place
Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Read tips on how to prepare for the 2014 Citywide High School Fair.
Download the PDF. Translated PDFs are available by clicking on the language in the sidebar to your right.
• Do some research before you visit the fair. There will be hundreds of high schools at the fair. Check out the High School Directory and Admissions Apps to learn about your options. Make a list of schools that you want to visit at the fair. Review the list of schools with family members and your guidance counselor.
• Meet with your guidance counselor. Discuss your interests and concerns with your guidance counselor. Share the list of schools you plan to visit at the fair, and ask your counselor what schools you should add to your list.
• Plan to attend an information session at 10:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.to learn about High School Admissions basics. Those sessions will be in the Brooklyn Tech auditorium. Also, you can attend session about Arts programs (dance, music, theater, visual arts, and film/media). The Arts session will take place at 2 p.m. in the auditorium.
• There is limited cell phone service in the building. Please make a plan in case you get separated from your family or group members. Pick a designated meeting area.
• A tote bag to carry high school publications and any information you receive from schools and information tables.
• Pen and paper so you can take notes about all the schools you visit.
• A list of schools and progams that interest you; also, bring a list of questions to ask school representatives.
• An open mind! You will find many schools at the fair that aren't on your list of favorites. Be open to new possibilities and learn about all of your options.
• An updated list of all the schools and people you spoke with throughout the day and contact information for school staff members in case you want to follow up later with more questions.
• Handouts from schools and information tables, and the High School Directory (if you don't already have it at home).
• Dates for open houses, information sessions, and/or school tours.
• Sign in at every table you visit. Make sure you know your student ID number (schools call this an OSIS number) -- include that number and your middle school name when you sign in. You need to sign in in order to get priority to Limited Unscreened programs.
View our Citywide & Borough Fairs Flyer. Translated flyers are available by clicking on the language in the sidebar to your right.